Home Forums Vintage Motor Bike Forum Simplex, Servi-cycle My Little Simplex

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Darren Chafin Darren Chafin 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Darren Chafin
    Darren Chafin
    Keymaster

Some of you that are familiar with our facebook group may know of my recent purchase at the 2014 VMBC meet. A long time ago I had one of these as pictured below. My dad sold it many years ago and I have wanted to replace it ever since. Luckly I found one after searching for about 3 or 4 years. It’s a project as you can see. I have the motor getting rebuilt now. The rest of it will be a fairly simple resto.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pd
    Participant

You are right , Darren . That thing is in very good condition . Wipe it down with WD40 and run it . 😉

Pete . :)

kartjockey
    kartjockey
    Participant

Darren, Did you get your motor back yet for your Simplex mini bike?

Darren Chafin
    Darren Chafin
    Keymaster

I haven’t even tried to contact Terry. I need to do it, but I have been invested in two different projects lately. One of them totally not related to scooters but motorcycles (Indian Motorcycles to be exact). I have been working on my Indian that has needed attention for a long time. I’m also working with my dad on a project of his. He bought a new Whizzer last year and he said he is going to have it done to ride this year. He started to paint it with a spray can (bug bomb) that just wasn’t co-operating with him. I don’t do spray cans unless it is a very very small part. So I have somewhat talked him out of the spray can thing and I want to do it right with automotive paint. So Ive been busy with that stuff and believe it or not the gear up for this years meet has already begun too! I have some changes that have taken me a while in this website and still adding to it, the board meeting coming up, and magazine and editor issues to deal with. So it’s been busy! Look for some changes here and there through out the site.

sonrisers
    Participant

Hey Darren, does that thing have regular sportsman decals? If so my wife and I have recreated them and can have some more printed if you are interested. We have made them in red and blue. $35 pr. If interested let me know.

Darren Chafin
    Darren Chafin
    Keymaster

Ok sure. I think they are regular sportsman decals. Have you got a picture of the decals you have to offer? I can compare them and I’d be able to say for sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.