Home Forums Vintage Motor Bike Forum Small Motorcycle (175cc or less) BSA restoration, am I crazy?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  delellis1 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jimtunney94
    Participant

Hi guys, not sure how well followed this forum is but I’ll try anyway.

Im in need of an opinion from someone who knows about bikes!

6 months ago sadly my dad passed away unexpectedly, like me he’d never rode a motorbike but it was his dream to one day have a BSA Bantam. It would probably have never left his garage but he always wanted one none the less.

I would like to carry on his dream and have one. I love the idea of restoring one to its former glory, only im 24, a full time bench joiner and have no experience with motorbike engines or restoration.

I am however very motivated and eager to learn. You can be brutally honest with me here.. am I being stupid or is this possible with the right guidance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jim

delellis1
    Participant

Jim,
    Your not crazy, the problem would be in finding right the bike. If you are able to find one that can be restored there are a number of online sources that carry parts for the BSA Bantam. Rather than reinvent the wheel, it might be better to buy a bike that is mostly or complete. I have seen online some really nice Bantams for sale.

delellis1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.