Viewing 8 reply threads
    • pd
      Participant
      #1302 |

I like how the level of interest in Simplex bikes has risen in recent years .
      There seems to be a growing # of folks attending the VMBC meet and bringing their bikes .

• RickS
      Participant
      #1310 |

Pete, if we can get YOU to show up this year, we will have even more. I think we can get 50 Simplexes lined up for the photo shoot this year! Wayne said last year was the biggest collection of Simplexes he has ever seen at Portland.

• sonrisers
      Participant
      #1313 |

I agree, I think there were a lot more there than showed up for the photo. I hope the back page of the magazine will inspire more to come next year.

• pd
      Participant
      #1316 |

Rick ,

I’ve let it be known to any one that may have had ‘other’plans for my time next July that I want to go to Portland for the meet .

Pete . 🙂

• hgonthehd
      Participant
      #1317 |

Count me in this year, I may have to skip my annual 4th of July family get together so I can make it but so be it.
      Huston

• RickS
        Participant
        #1318 |

I have never spoken with anyone who has regretted going to Portland!

The Sportsman will be running this year!

• pd
      Participant
      #1320 |

It’s looking real good , Rick .
      I like those off road tires .
      I haven’t thought about it before : what type tire were the Sportsman bikes outfitted with from the factory ?

Pete . 🙂

• kartjockey
        Participant
        #1321 |

I will ditching my own birthday party to be there! Plus, besides the Simplexes, I will be riding around on my new Schwinn(1939). Two speed with springer.

• RickS
      Participant
      #1523 |

Anyone building anything? I am working on building my own Simplex fenders with an English wheel and shrinker. Here are my first pair.

• Darren Chafin
      Participant
      #1532 |

Wow!!Those look real nice. Looks like a lot of work.

• Darren Chafin
      Participant
      #1533 |

I am in the process of painting my dads whizzer parts. He tried to use a rattle can like he did years ago, but they didn’t turn out well. I told him the chemicals that they used to put in those things way back then aren’t in there anymore due to the epa. I talked him into redoing them and using automotive paint. So I made a job for myself. I’ll see if I can post some photos of them soon! They aren’t done yet. he wants to pinstripe them but, he can’t make up his mind how he wants them.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.