Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Kevin
      Participant
      #1619 |

How about a heads up on what you will bring to Portland to sell. What unique item will we find there! Will their be a Pigeon Coup again this year? Let us know what you will offer.

• mmanzara
      Participant
      #1620 |

One Canadian Dollar

• Darren Chafin
      Participant
      #1621 |

My dad invented the Pigeon coup. Had a sign made up and everything revolved around them at that time of the year. He really likes those Pigeons even though he seldom brings them anymore. I think he just isn’t as thrilled about them as he once was. He hasn’t really lost interest, but hasn’t had as much fun at the meet ever since Marvin passed away several years ago who was the king of Pigeons. Dad misses him.

I have thought about bringing a few bikes for sale as I need to make some room and get back to my priorities. It seems every few years I amass things I really don’t need, but wanted at the time as a novelty. I make sure I always buy it right though so I can break even. I just have too many projects and things that I really want to get done will already take several years.

• kartjockey
      Participant
      #1624 |

Maybe a couple of Simplex frames. One decent. One no crash bars.

• pd
      Participant
      #1625 |

Darren ,

Pigeons … the birds or does that refer to something else ?

Pete . 🙂

• Darren Chafin
      Participant
      #1626 |

Silver Pigeon is a Japanese scooter. They are kind of rare although they show up at Portland once in a while. Google Silver Pigeon scooter. They are a very comfortable ride and stylish too, while being smooth and dependable like all Japanese stuff. The problem with them is they are very, very heavy with a low top end at 35 – 40 mph tops. The motor works very hard to get up to a top speed with a variable clutch system much like a snowmobile. I don’t dislike them, but I would rather spend time restoring something with more riding ability. Cushmans are slow enough at 50 – 55 mph. I find my 53 Eagle fun and comfortable at 40 – 45mph but it’s not whining and spilling its guts.

• pd
      Participant
      #1627 |

Thanks for the education .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Silver_Pigeon

Learn something new , every day .

Pete . 🙂

• Kevin
      Participant
      #1628 |

Last year their were six Pigeons in the coup in varying stages of completeness. That was the first ones I had seen. I was thinking about buying one and by the time I made my rounds and came back they were all gone. Their is even a club for owners of Silver Pigeons.

• Kevin
      Participant
      #1660 |

If anyone has a brake cable for a sharknose golfster they want to sell let me know.
      Thanks
      Kevin

• Darren Chafin
      Participant
      #1661 |

Kevin,
      There was a silver pigeon for sale on vintage scooter community classifieds for $1200 just yesterday. Check it out!

• Kevin
      Participant
      #1663 |

Thanks Darren. Is that on facebook or is it a www web site?
      By the way who won the shirt from the contest?
      Thanks again
      Kevin

• Kevin
      Participant
      #1664 |

Darren I found it. That looks nice and in running condition too. Thanks for the alert
      Kevin

• Darren Chafin
      Participant
      #1675 |

Great Kevin!
      I hope to take some stuff to sell this year. I have a Honda 70 I had plans to restore but I’m never going to get around to it so I’d might as well sell it to make room for stuff that I need to give priority to. I also have a little 50cc suzukie mini-bike that will be there. Also I have a 50’s lawn -mower with original paint I’m going to get rid of. Cool mower but I need the room it’s been sucking up.

• warpspeed
      Participant
      #1676 |

I will be there probably saturday looking for a Lauson TLC motor, and a set of 24″ 36 hole Drop center Rims

• Kevin
      Participant
      #1677 |

Darren
      Sounds like some neat stuff. I will look you up and check it out. I have a Honda Trail 70 also that Im sure I will never get around to restoring but cant bring myself to part with it yet. With 8 grandkids maybe one of them will be interested in it. I have a mailster I need to restore but it keeps getting pushed back. And then who knows what I will drag home from Portland lol.
      See you there
      Kevin

• kartjockey
      Participant
      #1679 |

Sold one of my frames. Still have one with crash bars and it will be at Portland.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.