Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Darren Chafin
      Participant
      #1430 |

It sure is cold outside. Can’t wait for some warmer temps. It seems after Christmas the winter just drags. Yesterday was Jenni’s birthday. It’s always typically cold and sometimes we can’t even celebrate it because the roads are bad or it’s too windy to even get in the mood, but we made it out to eat after all. She enjoyed getting away from the kids. Me too in fact!

Well now that the holidays are over and work has slowed a little bit, I’m going to start playing out in the garage this next weekend. I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do first, but I’m doing something of my own for a change. Tired of working on everyone else’s stuff.

I’m not sure if anyone is checking in to read this stuff I post, but I hope I’m not just making a diary here.

• pd
      Participant
      #1431 |

Darren ,

A Belated Happy Birthday to Jenni . 😀

I stop in every day or more to see what’s being posted . It’d be nice to see a bit more activity .
      I might be in the minority , but I don’t ‘do’ Facebook . I have a couple different pages there , but those are just to see a few things of interest once in a while .

Anyway , If you are thinking about starting a project or even a partial project , why not document it’s progression here ?

I find that keeping a thread or two current with the progression of a ‘build’ or other project is a great help in keeping myself interested and motivated . Reaching the end is both a relief and a bit anticlimactic .

Pete . 🙂

• mmanzara
      Participant
      #1434 |

Well Darren

Its colder than a mother inlaws kiss here in Canada and we just got a foot of snow to add insult to injury. Tried blowing the snow today but it was so cold it took my breath away and made breathing difficult.

On a happier note, My buddies heated garage is just about ready to start on our tune ups on our Eagles in preparation for the Mid Ohio meet. Just have to get my parts order in for gaskets and some other trinkets then we can proceed to finish off the import process as both Eagles were bought in the USA.

• kartjockey
      Participant
      #1435 |

Sounds like we are all on the same page. Like PD I also visit te site everyday. Working on putting a kicker on my 5hp briggs that powers my S2(second simplex). MManzara, we will have to introduce ourselves as I am planning on going to the Mid-Ohio meet also.

• Darren Chafin
      Participant
      #1440 |

I will post whatever project I start as soon as I can get started. Time just isn’t appearing to me. Last Saturday we just put away the Christmas stuff down the basement and cleaned it up for the better part of the day. Sunday was spent with church and functions. This past Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I worked from 6:30 till 8:30 in the evening. So I just can’t seem to find the time I want right now. Maybe this weekend.
      I hope these forums do start to take off soon with participation, but I’m impatient. It’ll happen in time. Heck this website has only been up for a few months and I see a lot of folks signed up to participate. I think the right subjects have just got to appear.

• mmanzara
      Participant
      #1452 |

Kartjockey

it’s always nice to meet new people. We normally circle the wagons in the unserviced area and travel with a black 20 foot cargo trailer with a checkered awning.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.