Home Forums Vintage Motor Bike Forum Mini-Bikes My kids having fun

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  troop60 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Darren Chafin
    Darren Chafin
    Keymaster

Here is a picture of my kids about 2 years ago having fun at Portland. My daughter, Eva and my wife, Jenni on the little Honda. My son, Reece and my wife’s sister, Abbi on the Suzuki.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Darren Chafin Darren Chafin.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pd
    Participant

Darren ,

Your wife needs training wheels ? 😉
    And , that little Suzuki looks kinda familiar . I have an ’84 FA50 . 🙂

photo HPIM1354.jpg

Darren Chafin
    Darren Chafin
    Keymaster

Actually I designed those for my son. He isn’t using them now. My daughter could use that mini-bike though right now with the training wheels, but my son isn’t tall enough to move on to something bigger. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Darren Chafin Darren Chafin.

pd
    Participant

You didn’t take any chances on a side-way tipping . They look fairly heavy duty .

Pete . 🙂

Darren Chafin
    Darren Chafin
    Keymaster

Yeah I made those myself, and they were far superior to the ones Honda sold for them. The Honda kit was about $100 and they didn’t work very well. I had a chance to actually ride a buddies mini-bike before I bought them. There really wasn’t much too them and I thought maybe I could fabricate them myself. They were attached just underneath the foot pegs where I made mine to attach to the rear axle. The Honda design made it real hard to make any kind of a turn. It would take a country block just to make it turn around. Attaching the training wheels to the axle was the ticket. For all the bright ideas and smart engineering that Honda makes they had the training wheels for those little bikes all wrong. I think I had about $8 invested in the wheels from harbor freight and the steel was just lying around.

pd
    Participant

8 bucks and actually working better than OEM , makes for a great deal .

I’m a big fan of home grown engineering . 😉

Pete . 🙂

troop60
    Participant

I just found this site. I know this thread is ancient,but it looks like they had a blast. My 3 did the same on our minis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.